BSc, MB, BS, MD, FRCOG, FRACOG
Dr Grudzinskas, formerly Emeritus Professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at St Bartholomew's & The Royal London Hospitals School of Medicine and Dentistry, and formerly Medical Director of The Bridge Fertility, Gynaecology and Genetics Centre, with more than 25 yearsÃÂ experience, is an independent practitioner at 92 Harley Street, London Bridge Hospital, Princess Grace Hospital and La Maison Medicale in South Kensington.
Dr Grudzinskas will apply his many years of experience to assist couples who are still childless after IVF treatment; to guide both women and men in maintaining and enhancing their reproductive health; to prevent infertility and to preserve fertility in both women and men who have been diagnosed with cancer.
1) Dr Grudzinskas provides access to reliable freezing/vitrification techniques for oocytes/eggs, embryos and ovarian tissue freezing in London and abroad.
2) Dr Grudzinskas has a network of participating established ART centres in near Europe and elsewhere to provide easier and earlier access to women requesting treatment using donor eggs, embryos and sperm. He is committed to providing continuity of care for couples travelling abroad to infertility centres by being available to perform the procedures oocyte/egg retrieval and embryo transfer.
3) Dr Grudzinskas has introduced the routine use of Lipiodol Ultra Fluid as the contrast fluid for Hysterosalpingography (HSG - the X ray test for tubal patency) as there is clear evidence that the use of this fluid, based on fatty acids extracted from poppy seed oil, improves Fallopian tube function and implantation for up to 6-8 months after the procedure.
4) As well as being the co-author or co-editor of over 270 publications and 17 books, from 2009-2015 Dr Grudzinskas was Editor (clinical) of Reproductive BioMedicine Online, devoted to biomedical research on human conception and the welfare of the human embryo.
5) Dr Grudzinskas is an honorary consultant in Gynaecology at St George's Hospital and as such is a member of the steering committee of PreFer(Preservation of Fertility), a programme which will soon announce the provision of ovarian tissue freezing at St George's Hospital, London, a clinical service, conducted in partnership with Scandinavian leaders in this field.